Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Five Days?!

So it's getting down to crunch time. We're getting really close to having the baby - or at least I hope!

I'm still at work - and planning to continue to do so right up until the baby is born (hopefully, I'll avoid going into labor there, even though the girls are hoping to use it as an opportunity to not work!). I'm trying to drink water constantly and keep my feet up as much as possible, too, since my ankles and feet have suddenly started to swell (which is new for me!). My sneakers are kind of tight, so I'm happy that we're still having good weather so that I can wear my sandals and flip flops! :)

I haven't had a chance to get pictures of the baby shower - or other recent events - uploaded on the computer, so I'll add that to the list of things I'd like to get done this weekend. Since the weekend seems pretty packed, chances are supposedly good that we'll have this baby soon! Everyone keeps telling us to make plans, since that's when he'll make his appearance.

I am having some contractions - or at least I think they're contractions. Basically, just super sharp pains, but they're one or two or three, and not really something worth timing. The Braxton Hicks contractions are weird, and I can feel that the baby isn't moving as much as he did before - though he still definitely manages to find space to push out at mommy and kick. Two weeks ago, when we were at the doctor's office for a normal check up, he had the hiccups, and the doctor's assistant had to just give up on trying to get an accurate heartbeat since he kept moving. It was funny. :) After two weeks solid of being not dilated at all, we got the "good" news on Monday that I was almost one centimeter dilated.

We also did tentatively plan to induce if the baby doesn't come soon - so, it looks like if he doesn't pick his own day, we'll go with 10/10, which my doctor says is a good birthday. :) So it's a little weird to think that in only a few more days, Andrew and I will be parents. I'm anxious to meet the little guy and see what he looks like. We've got this informal contest about who's going to have the biggest baby - between Ella (who was 7 lbs 2 oz), our baby, and Venessa's baby (who's due mid-December). Dr. Cheng guessed that the baby was already 7 lbs two weeks ago, so Andrew's pretty confident we've got this one in the bag (there goes my hope for a nice little baby!).

No comments: