Monday, October 6, 2008

Due Date

Well, it's October 6th, and there's no baby on the horizon! So we're still waiting for him to make his appearance. We had our doctor's appointment today, and I am still at about the same almost one centimeter. But everything is going well - the baby's heartbeat was 140 today, and he's been unusually active. We have scheduled the baby to be induced on Friday, October 10th. The doctor says that we could wait longer, but we really don't need to, since it seems that the best estimates are that we've got an 8 1/2 lbs baby in there! Whew! But we're managing to stay busy, of course!

Andrew's Birthday!
Andrew celebrated his 28th birthday over the weekend, which was pretty exciting. Friday, we had a nice dinner with Ron, Judy, Adam, Jamie and Ellen at Mt. Vernon. We had some yummy crab and prime rib (well, I didn't have the Prime Rib, but everyone else did!). We also celebrated Ron's birthday, since it's on Wednesday (early October seems to be a popular time for these Zwickl babies!).

On Saturday, we went to Casa Bonita with a group of over 20 people, including several newbies! Andrew was hoping that the "delicious" Mexican food and the atmosphere would help the baby to come join us. It almost worked, because I did have a couple serious contractions on the way home, but there were only four, at four-minutes apart, and then they stopped (at the time, I was happy because they hurt!!). Before we left, we did get a cute picture of Andrew and I in front of the fountain (and yes, he's actually smiling!!), but my camera cord doesn't fit my camera, so I can't upload it until I go to my parents again, since my mom's cord works.

Okay - here are the pictures at the fountain. :)





On Sunday, Andrew's actual birthday, he did exactly what he wanted - and watched football all day. :) The Bronco's won, but he didn't do so well in his football pools. We ended the weekend with dinner at Outback with my parents, Maria, Jeremy, and Shannon. Andrew did have some more homework to do, but he managed to get it mostly done before we went to bed.

Overall, we had a nice birthday weekend - lots of relaxing for the chaos that we know will come with the baby!!

Thursday Plans
My last day at work will be Wednesday (I can't wait!!), so I'm going to be able to spend Thursday at home, getting anything last minute ready that we need to, and resting (I'm really looking forward to sleeping in!). Andrew will go to work, and then we've got a softball game at 7:50, and then afterwards, we'll "check in" to the hospital at 10pm - and I've been told that we probably won't be able to sleep much. We'll see how that goes! So hopefully, some time Friday morning or early afternoon (at the latest!), we'll have our brand new baby. :)

No comments: